This is a contract role with a State Government Department until 16 May 2022 with 2 options for extension for a period of 6-months each, located in Brisbane CBD.
Our client is seeking Senior Advisor (External Communication) to work across the External Communication team to develop and implement communication strategies and create supporting materials to promote initiatives and achieve business outcomes across the department. You will utilise your skills in writing, editing, publication management, marketing, market research, public consultation, public relations, advertising, online communication, event and project management to deliver on projects.
The duties of the Senior Advisor (External Communication) will include:
- Develop and implement communication and marketing campaigns (including market research, budget and resource management).
- Write and edit a range of content including e-newsletters, factsheets, reports, presentations and other communication materials as required.
- Consult and negotiate with internal and external customers to develop and deliver marketing communication activities for the department.
- Develop and/or contribute to the development of project plans and coordinate and project manage a range of multi-disciplinary communication projects using project management methodology.
- Manage assigned tasks to ensure quality outputs are delivered within predetermined timeframes, in accordance with the approved scope, performance indicators and quality standards.
- Participate in capability development activities required to perform efficiently and effectively in the role and assist other team members to develop new capabilities when required (for example, by mentoring and/or training other staff).
- Initiate, manage and comply with departmental guidelines relating to the engagement of consultants, contractors or suppliers who perform work on behalf of the division.
- Ad-hoc administrative duties, as required.
The Senior Advisor (External Communication) role covers a range of duties and activities which include:
- Experience in campaign and project management and stakeholder engagement roles.
- Availability to start ASAP.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian residency OR citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM20642
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format together with a cover letter addressing your suitability to the role.
Applications close 23rd November 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.