- 6 month contract
- Located in Canberra
- Start ASAP
Our client is seeking suitable candidates for an APS6 Compliance Officer. This position is for 6 months and is based at their Canberra Office. There is a potential option to extend for a further 6 months (depending on performance).
Besides having great general knowledge of the Compliance role and functions of the Commission you will:
- Assist leadership with the compilation of reports as required
- Bring high risk matters to the attention of the AD Compliance in a timely manner
- Provide advice and education to stakeholders and colleagues on Straight forward regulatory and compliance matters
- Work with individual providers to assist them in understanding their obligations, and where non-compliance may have occurred, guide them to address those issues and risks.
- Plan and implement compliance responses that are risk-based and proportionate to the type of alleged or suspected non-compliance.
- Draft high quality reports and briefs to support action by the Commissioner.
- Contribute to and participate in compliance promotion and education campaigns to inform and educate providers, participants and the public about the Commissioner's functions and the requirements of relevant legislation and rules.
- Proactively manages own workload within Commission's standard procedures, ensuring matters that require escalation or priority are brought to the attention of Assistant Director.
To be suitable for this opportunity, apart from possessing the required and specific experience, you will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework AND THE NDIS Act.
- Live experience of disability or demonstrated understanding of disability services in a State or Territory Government context would be an advantage.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM00550
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.