Our client is seeking suitable candidates for an APS6 Counsellor to provide support and guidance to people engaging with our client, enabling Participants to be involved and empowering them to share their story. In doing so, your role will be to at all times to communicate respectfully with a non-judgemental approach. The team you will be assigned to is the Intake, Counselling and Support team in either Sydney OR Brisbane.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Providing trauma-informed counselling, information, referrals and support services to people engaging with our client
- Represent the client at Community Forums, Public Hearings and Private Sessions and provide support as required to those in attendance
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures supporting the work of the team
- Provide clinical advice to ensure the policies and procedures are trauma-informed
- Actively participate in team meetings, supervision and reflective practice sessions
- Keep abreast of knowledge, research and 'Best Practice' within the Disability Sector
- Cultivate collaborative working relationships across the workplace
- Demonstrate agility and resilience in response to changing demands and a challenging/complex workload
- Escalate issues as required
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need:
- A qualification in social work, psychology, counselling or other relevant field
- Counselling and support experience by telephone
- Strong clinical skills
- Experience in the disability sector would be beneficial
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to record professional case notes
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to respond effectively to changing demands
- The ability to work independently and achieve quality outcomes
- Strong levels of resilience and self-care skills
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM20103
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Applications close 2 December 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.