Our client is seeking suitable candidate for an APS6 Engagement Officer with demonstrated experience working with people with disabilities. Your role will be to act as a facilitator and support in private hearings to enable vulnerable people in our community to have the confidence to tell their story. You will ensure these sessions maintain respect and dignity and enable access to any support required to overcome any barriers while exercising their legal rights.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with a small team
- Mentor, Coach, assist and develop team members in their work;
- Contribute to the development of plans, strategies and team goals
- Ensure quality outputs for the team including the development of specialist, professional and/or technical expertise;
- Anticipate and respond to the needs and expectations in relation to the preparation of private session documentation
- Receive and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive and complex information from people with disability, carers, nominees, stakeholders and relevant institutions;
- Apply sound judgement to the material to be included in (or excluded from) the brief.
- Code, de-identify and summarise confidential information
- Exercise objective judgement and core problem solving skills to ensure private session information is appropriately coded
- Use excellent written and comprehension skills to develop and review de-identified summaries of private session material for distribution to other teams in the Royal Commission
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and developing team members in a team environment. Proven ability to encourage and motivate teams in continuous learning, promoting positive workplace culture and leading team members through change.
- Experience in leading a team including setting the direction of work priorities, monitoring work distribution, driving team performance and addressing performance weaknesses.
- Judgement, intelligence and common sense - Undertaking objective, systematic analysis and drawing accurate conclusions based on evidence. Identifying problems and working to resolve them. Ability to think laterally, identify, implement and promote improved work practices.
- Communicating with influence - Experience in using a diverse range of influencing and negotiation skills tailored to the situation to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and team members.
- Strategic Thinking - The ability to think strategically to align team objectives to the Royal Commissions objectives, and to take the initiative in progressing new initiatives, innovation or opportunities to enhance service delivery.
- To have a professional and flexible attitude
- To prioritise tasks and take initiative.
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM20236
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Applications close 6 January 2021 . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.