Our client is seeking suitable candidate for an APS6 Engagement Officer to lead and guide a team who are the key point of contact to manage enquiries and submissions by hotline or by mailbox on a diverse range of issues in relation to people with disabilities. The team undertakes a variety of work which includes counselling and support by phone, being able to handle difficult conversations, support warm referrals and undertake risk assessments as required.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Providing a central point of contact
- Empowering people to engage and participate in support services etc
- Respond to highly sensitive and complex enquiries
- Act as a triage point and facilitate connection to supports services
- Manage work projects
- Lead and manage your team to deliver quality and accurate advice
- Develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need:
- A qualification in social work, psychology, counselling or other relevant field
- Counselling and support experience by telephone
- Experience in the disability sector would be beneficial
- Management and leadership skills
- To have strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- To be self-motivated and resilient
- To have a professional and flexible attitude
- To prioritise tasks and take initiative.
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19947
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.