Our client is seeking suitable candidate for an APS6 Lawyer (4+yrs PAE) to be involved in the preparation and running of a case study for a federal government department. This position is based at their Sydney Office in the CBD area. There is a potential option to extend the contract for a further 6-12months (depending on performance).
The duties expected of an APS6 Lawyer include:
- Regulatory litigation or coronial inquest experience
- analysing large volumes of material
- evidence gathering
- witness preparation
- running of a matter to trial or hearing
- briefing Counsels
- interlocutory processes including the determination of privileged material
- Develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need solid litigation experience (4+yrs) on large disputes. You will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19922
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.