Our client has spent the last 25 years serving the community as a leading builder within the Insurance and Construction industries. They are committed to exceeding expectations, delivering projects on time and on budget. The team are passionate about providing a professional, fast and quality service specialising in the Residential, Commercial, Retail and Industrial sectors.
About the role:
- Join a prestigious, leading builder within the Insurance and Construction industries.
- Based at head office in Brisbane’s inner-City suburbs
You will be involved in all month end and year end accounting processes for the Client of companies nationally and be a team player with a keen work ethic and meticulous accuracy. Form a key part of a highly productive small corporate team working closely with Executive Management.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce accounting reports and present their results
- Analyse financial information and summarize financial status
- Identify errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice to Financial Controller
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting team of 3
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s performance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce or Business majoring in Accounting
- CA or CPA qualified is preferred
- Previous general ledger experience required
- Previous experience in preparation of general-purpose financial reports is essential
We look forward to receiving your application via Seek, please don't hesitate to contact either Katie Missingham (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Alternatively, for a confidential chat, you can call on 0433 067 233