Working with the Chair and six other Royal Commissioners
Prestigious Federal Government opportunity
Flexible work practices
About the company
Federal Government Community Service organisation that are adding value to a select group within our community. This 12-month contract role will add to the team of existing professionals who are all working harmoniously towards the common goal. The community reporting is vast and will challenge your skills in a broad and valued communication production across case studies , research and policy reports
About the role
As part of a small team the Associate will undertake a wide variety of duties including:
- Conducting legal research and writing, and editing of reports and other documents;
- Assisting the Chair and Senior Associate in preparing for hearings of the Royal Commission.
- Assisting the Senior Associate to the Chair to provide administrative support, including:
- Secretariat support for monthly Commissioners' meetings;
- Coordination of meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
- Preparation of meeting and public hearing materials.
- Experience in conducting legal research and writing.
- Demonstrated high level skills in legal research, including familiarity with legal databases.
- Capacity to edit material with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to apply legal principles and present the results of legal research clearly and cogently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly organised and strong ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a time pressured environment.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the Royal Commission's operations, including public hearings.
- Tertiary qualifications in law required (minimum distinction average or equivalent)
- Experience in legal practice
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD 19266
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.