Our boutique South Melbourne client offers a genuinely supportive environment that encourages personal growth and professional development.
This role will see you working directly with the Partner and Senior Mortgage Clerk in a firm that is relaxed and yet very professional, with a strong pipeline of work. You will receive support and enjoy significant client contact, as the "go-to contact" for clients. This is truly a unique and genuine opportunity to forge your own path in a very collegiate and friendly environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships across all banking and finance matters;
- Identifying and analysing situations and problems so that viable solutions are found;
- Approaching tasks and problems so that needs of clients and practical, cost effective outcomes can be achieved;
- Effectively delegating to, supervising and mentoring direct reports; and
- Advising on and assisting with the development of new loan products for clients.
- You will need to have an understanding of the following areas;
- Corporate lending, security and structuring.
- Loan documentation (non-resident, resident, SMSF and SME).
- National Credit Code requirements/obligations.
- Verification of Identity requirements/obligations.
- Enforcement of mortgages.
- Foreign Investment Review Board requirements/obligations.
- Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA), the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) requirements/obligations.
You will be able to run a file autonomously whilst further developing your own skillset working collaboratively with the Principal. You will demonstrate a willingness to build an understanding of the clients and develop effective working relationships. You will need to be a team player, with excellent organisation skills - ability to multitask, problem solve, take initiative and be resourceful.
Again, this firm really values its people. The Principal is an Accredited Property Specialist who is very supportive, respected in the industry, respectful of others & easy to work for. This is an ideal role for a mid-level lawyer or Senior Lawyer seeking to put down roots at a lovely professional home. Salary is commensurate with experience, and highly competitive.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: LM19965
Phone: (03) 8602 7406 or 0468 433 569
Applications close 11 February 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.