The Firm & The Role
Our client is one of Australia's leading law firms and continues to grow. With a formidable reputation, the firm is recognised for its excellence and commercial approach to providing legal services. The firm has a blue chip client base and this particular team acts for major banks, financial services companies, superannuation companies, payment providers and ASX-Listed companies.
Our client is seeking a lawyer with at least 2 years pqe to join their Financial Services/Regulatory team in their Sydney office. You will be working with an experienced partner who is considered to be Australia's leading financial services lawyer. A The work will include:
- Advising on Australian financial services licensing
- Advising on the financial regulatory changes in Australia
- Advising on consumer credit and retail banking law
- Advising on PPSR
- Advising on CTF/AML as well as privacy legislation
- Advising on regulated financial products
- Advising on electronic banking and payments
- Advising on the enforcement and disciplinary action taken by regulators
- Acting on mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector
- Advising on product disclosure requirements under the Corporations Law
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years' experience in financial services law; experience gained from a regulator or in-house are encouraged to apply
- Writing and advisory skills
- The ability to think outside the square
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Team focus - you enjoy working as part of a high performing team
- Client management and people skills
- Ability to work independently as well as working as part of a team
Culture & Benefits
Our client pays its lawyers at the top of the market and they have a wonderful working culture. At this firm you will have a work/life balance.
Our client also boasts the latest technology and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, client and interstate secondments, paid professional memberships, the ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave.
The partners at this firm place an emphasis on the development of their lawyers.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19461
Phone: (02) 8227 7207