About the Firm
Our client is a premium mid-tier law firm operating nationally and servicing high calibre clients across Australia. They have over 300 staff across their offices with a close-knit IT Team.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their Technology Team, who will report directly into the IT Manager. The Systems Engineer will support the broader IT team in building out, maintaining and troubleshooting the firm's expanding and complex infrastructure.
The key responsibilities of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks and identify and implement solutions.
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention required.
- Liaise with Vendors and other personnel for problem resolution.
- Provide third level support if and when required.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will ideally come from a systems background with proven experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMWare, virtual server and desktop (VDI) environments, VDI SOE optimisation and monitoring systems, administration and performance tuning of application stacks.
If this sounds of interest to you and you feel that your skills and experience align with the role, please apply here on Seek or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.