The Firm & The Role
Our client is a leading national law firm that is continuing to grow in the Australian market. The firm is recognised for its deep commitment to client service. The firm has a blue chip client base and this particular team acts for fund managers, hedge funds, venture capitalists, major banks, financial services companies, ASX-Listed companies and superannuation companies.
Our client is seeking an experienced lawyer with around 2 to 5 years pqe to join their commercial team. The team is led by a seasoned partner with experience in financial services/funds management and as such a flavour of the work will include:
- Advising clients in relation to CML/AML as well as privacy legislation;
- Advising clients in relation to financial services regulation such as funds management, payment systems;
- Advising clients in relation to risk management;
- Advising clients in relation to product disclosure statements;
- Buying and selling funds management businesses;
- Mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector;
- Advising on financial regulatory changes in Australia;
- Being involved in private equity transactions;
- Investment fund establishment and governance;
- Advising on the regulation of financial services and markets both overseas and in Australia.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 to 5 years pqe experience in the area of commercial, advantageous would be experience in financial services law;
- Drafting, negotiating and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to think outside the box;
- Energy, drive & enthusiasm.
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays competitively and they also have a healthy incentive scheme. Other benefits include a supportive and collaborative working environment. Also on offer are client secondments.
You will have access to both internal and external learning & development programs and have access to study allowance and study leave. You can also partake in the firm's social and sporting activities.
Build your profile at this leading national law firm where you can fast track your career.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19129
Phone: (02) 8227 7207