The Firm & The Role
Our client is one of Australia's leading commercial law firms and their commercial team is in a growth phase due to new instructions and new clients. This team has both a private sector and public sector client base and this team has worked on some of Australia's high profile contracts and transactions in the IT and procurement space.
Due to growth, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial lawyer with experience in IT, procurement, privacy, big data, cybersecurity, major contracts, probity.
A flavour of the work includes:
- major contracts and infrastructure projects;
- major ITC rollouts
- drafting tender and associated tender documents;
- drafting funding documents;
- advising on probity and procurement projects;
- advising on corporate governance;
- advising on privacy and FOI
- E-commerce and off-shore outsourcing
- Advising on big data
- Licensing & joint venture agreements
- IT contracts
- General commercial and corporate advice to clients in the IT, telecommunications, media and financial services industries
In this group you will work closely with the partner and work on high profile work. You will have access to clients and be given real responsibility.
Skills & Experience
- at least 3 years pae in the area of commercial law, advantageous would be experience in IT and procurement work
- drafting, advisory and negotiation skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to think outside the square
- client management skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market leading salary as well as the opportunity to participate in a bonus scheme. Our client has a progressive and inclusive working culture and is committed to the career development of all its lawyers, at all levels. Further, progression is based solely on merit.
Our client also promotes flexible working arrangements and work from home arrangements. With state of the art technology, working from home is seamless. There is opportunity to go on client secondments, the opportunity to work on pro bono matters, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, access to internal and external training programs, assistance with post graduate studies as well as a myriad of sporting and social activities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18983
Phone: (02) 8227 7207