5 to 8 year corporate lawyer role. Major commercial law firm. Busy group. Work with seasoned partners. A mix of transactional, advisory and regulatory work. Genuine responsibility.
The firm & The Role
Our client is one of Australia's leading commercial law firm. The firm is recognised locally and internationally for its deep commitment to client service. Our client has a stellar client base and this particular team acts for insurance companies, superannuation companies, life insurance companies, financial services companies, ASX-listed companies.
This role will see your working with two seasoned partners who are experts in the corporate, superannuation and financial services law.
A flavour of the work will include:
- Corporate/M&A work
- Corporate advisory work
- Advising on financial services licensing
- Regulatory reviews
- Advising on financial and insurance products
- Advising on superannuation and pension plans
- Advising on privacy and data protection
- Advising on licensing applications and credit reviews
- Drafting disclosure documents
- Establishment of funds
You will have the opportunity to work directly with the partners and progress your career quickly. You will be gain high levels of client responsibility as well as autonomy. This role represents an excellent opportunity for you to make a name for yourself in the marketplace and be involved in work that in many other firms is often only given to partners.
This law firm partners with their clients and has built long-term relationships on trust.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years' pae in the area of financial services
- First class technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ability to think outside the box and an innovative way to deliver legal services
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to supervise, mentor and develop junior lawyers
- Ability to play an important role in the further growth of the team
- Enthusiasm for practising law differently
- Drive and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market leading salary.
Our client has an impressive and forward thinking culture. They have a fresh approach to practising law and expect their lawyers to think outside the box and be commercial. The partners invest in their lawyers and the work is always quality work.
Career progression is transparent and other benefits include social and sporting activities, opportunity to take part in pro bono work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, study leave and study allowance, flexible working arrangements.
Lastly, there are secondment opportunities to the firm's major clients.
Join a law firm that is very successful and profitable.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20221
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 2 January 2021. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.