Senior litigation role. International law firm. Work with down to earth partners who inspire. No shortage of work. Genuine responsibility. Autonomy. Build your profile and foster strong client relationships
The firm & role
Our client is an award winning international law firm. The partners are consistently ranked at the top of the legal tables and are leaders in the area of commercial litigation. The firm and this particular team acts for ASX listed companies, international corporations, government agencies, clients in industries such as property, construction, financial services, resources, media, technology, retail, education, manufacturing.
Due to growth our client is looking to appoint an experienced lawyer with at least 5 years pae in the area of commercial disputes. This role will see you working with highly experienced partners who are supportive and enjoy watching their lawyers grow and develop. Examples of the kinds of matters you would work on include:
- financial services litigation
- corporate litigation and share-holder disputes
- trade practices and consumer disputes
- complex contractual disputes
- inquiries and investigations
- equitable disputes
- white collar crime matters
- insolvency related disputes
As an experienced commercial litigator you will be given genuine autonomy and real responsibility, you will also be supervising more junior members of the team and you play an important part in the further growth of the team.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of commercial litigation, advantageous would be experience in large complex disputes and investigations
- Litigation, research and advisory skills
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed a team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Drive and ambition
- Ability to supervise more junior members of the team
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays at the top of the market and provides a working culture that is second to none. The partners of the firm are supportive, collaborative and promote a life outside of work and progression is based on merit. Other benefits include payment of professional membership bodies, assistance with post graduate studies, ability to partake in pro bono activities, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, agile work practices.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18710
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 1 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.