The Firm & The Role
Our client is a major corporate law firm and due to growth, they are looking to recruit a commercial disputes lawyer with at least 2 years post admission experience. The partners in this team consistently top the legal tables and are known to their clients for being pragmatic, responsive and for providing legal work of a high technical standard.
You will work with clients in a wide range of industries such as media, technology, energy, mining, resources, manufacturing, health, financial services, transport, logistics, property, construction.
Examples of the kinds of disputes you will be working on are:
- Trade practices disputes
- Consumer disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Insolvencu related litigation
- Complex debt recovery
- Breach of equitable duties
- Corporate and share-holder disputes
- Regulatory disputes
- High stakes and multi-party litigation
- Mediations and arbitrations
This is an opportunity to work closely and be developed by seasoned litigators.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years pae in the area of commercial disputes
- Strong litigation and skills
- Drafting, advisory, negotiation, mediation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal confidently with clients
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- A 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
- Drive, enthusiasm and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market salary package. Our client's culture is positive, supportive and it is a culture where the partners invest in their lawyers. The partners have an open door policy, open communication, are transparent and encourage their lawyers to have a healthy life balance.
On top of a market leading salary, other benefits include support for post graduate study, payment of professional membership bodies, days off for volunteering, discounts on financial products, ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave. Flexible working arrangements are also on offer.
Lastly, our client has an inclusive culture and experiences low staff turnover.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19307
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 30 May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.