The Firm & Role
Our international law firm client has a formidable reputation in the area of commercial litigation. The partners of this team are award winning leaders in their field and consistently attract high profile disputes and regulatory. Clients include ASX-listed companies, international companies, Australia's largest banks, fund managers, superannuation companies, government agencies, clients in the media and telco industries.
Due to a strong pipeline of work and new clients, the firm is looking to recruit a lawyer with at the 2 to 5 years pae
A flavour of the work will include:
- regulatory disputes
- class actions
- white collar crime and fraud
- regulatory investigations
- Share-holder disputes
- Joint venture disputes
- High value contractual disputes
- Media litigation
- Corporate litigation
This role will see you gaining 'hands on' experience, having quality face time with the partners, having client contact, briefing counsel, going to court, drafting pleadings, drafting submissions, briefing expert witnesses etc. On bigger matters you will work as part of a team and from time to time you will have of your own smaller matters.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Around 2 to 5 years plus pae in the area of commercial disputes
- Litigation and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has one of the best working cultures in Australia. The culture is progressive and forward thinking. Our client is proud of its initiatives regarding diversity and inclusiveness.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, interstate & international secondments, the ability to purchase additional leave, the opportunity to partake in pro bono matters, sporting & social activities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19032