The Firm & Role
Our client is a well-known national law firm and they are looking to recruit an experienced commercial litigator who is at the Senior Associate level or is on the cusp of being a Senior Associate at their current law firm. The partners of the commercial disputes team are deeply client-focused and are focused on maintaining the highest possible client-service standards with their clients. This role will see you working two seasoned partners who have a broad client base and a broad range of disputes. The client base is made up of local and international clients, major Australian corporates, SMEs, high net worth individuals.
The partners have disputes litigated in various courts eg Supreme Court, Federal Court, Court of Appeal, Federal Magistrates Court, District Court. Examples of the kinds of disputes you will be working on are:
- Contractual disputes
- Property & leasing disputes
- Consumer and trade practices disputes
- Commercial arbitrations
- Corporate and share-holder disputes
- Insolvency related disputes
- Regulatory disputes
As an experienced member of the commercial disputes team, you will be a point of contact for clients and run your own matters. There will also be opportunity to work collaboratively with the partners and other senior lawyers on high stakes matters.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of commercial disputes
- You will either be a Senior Associate or a Senior Lawyer on the cusp of Senior Associate
- Strong litigation and strategy skills
- Drafting, advisory and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills and must be articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Experience in servicing major corporation is highly advantageous
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Drive and ambition
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays very competitively and they have a superb working culture. The firm is innovative and the partners are leaders in their field. The partners enjoy a life outside of work and they are supportive of flexible working arrangements.
Other benefits include support for post graduate study, payment of professional membership bodies, days off for volunteering, discounts on financial products, ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20013
Phone: 0422 671 673