The firm & role
Our commercial law firm client has a reputation in the area of commercial litigation that is second to none. The partners of this team are award winning leaders in their field and consistently attract high profile disputes and regulatory. Clients include ASX-listed companies, international companies, Australia's largest banks, fund managers, superannuation companies, government agencies, clients in the media and telco industries.
Due to a strong pipeline of work, the firm is looking to recruit a lawyer with at the 2 to 5 years pae in the area of commercial disputes.
A flavour of the work will include:
- regulatory disputes
- class actions
- white collar crime and fraud
- regulatory investigations
- share-holder disputes
- joint venture disputes
- high value contractual disputes
- corporate litigation
- multi-jurisdictional disputes
This role will see you gaining 'hands on' experience, having client contact, briefing counsel, going to court, drafting pleadings, drafting submissions, briefing expert witnesses etc. On bigger matters you will work as part of a team and from time to time you will have carriage of your own smaller matters.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Around 2 to 5 years plus pae in the area of commercial disputes
- Litigation and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has one of the best working cultures in Australia. The culture is progressive and dynamic. Our client is proud of its initiatives regarding diversity and gender equality.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, interstate secondments, the ability to purchase additional leave and salary sacrifice, the opportunity to partake in pro bono matters, sporting & social activities.
Lastly, our client also promotes flexible working arrangements and working from home arrangements.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19155
Phone: (02) 8227 7207