The Firm & Role
Our client is a thriving international law firm and due to growth the commercial disputes team is looking to recruit a talented commercial lawyer with at least 5 years post admission experience. You will either be a Senior Associate level or being on the cusp of being a Senior Associate at your current law firm.
This commercial disputes team acts for a broad range of clients from major Australian companies to family groups and high net worth individuals. Other clients include, for example, international clients, insolvency practitioners, major banks and financial services companies.
This role will see you working for a senior partner who has a formidable reputation in the Australian legal market and who also has a reputation for being responsive and outcomes focused.
You will work on a broad range of commercial disputes and a flavour of the work will include:
- financial services litigation
- contractual disputes
- regulatory disputes
- anti-competitive conduct litigation
- consumer disputes
- insolvency litigation
- shareholder disputes
- director and officer disputes
- proceedings involving the recovery of assets
- trade practices disputes
This role will see you having high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. The work will be challenging and rewarding. You will have the opportunity to develop strong relationship with clients and you will be encouraged to foster relationships with new clients. This is an opportunity to take an important step in your career which will catapult you towards partnership.
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of commercial litigation
- You will either be a Senior Associate or a Senior Lawyer on the cusp of Senior Associate
- Strong litigation and strategy skills
- Drafting, advisory and negotiation skills
- Ability to provide commercially focused legal advice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Mature and self-motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible with a collaborative working style
- Ability to work independently and hit the ground running
- Experience in servicing international and major corporation is highly advantageous
- Experience in building relationships
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Drive, ambition and passion for litigation
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays at the top of the market. Other benefits include flexible working arrangements, payment of conferences and events and professional membership bodies, assistance with post graduate studies, client secondments, access to health and well-being programmes, access to internal and external learning and development programmes, opportunity to purchase more annual leave, salary continuance, staff discounts.
Lastly, our client offers a supportive and diverse environment that allows their employees to thrive, learn and progress their careers.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20017
Phone: 0422 671 673