The Firm & Role
Our client is a growing and successful commercial law firm. Due to an influx of new clients and new instructions they have a strong pipeline of commercial disputes and insolvency related litigation.
This firm attracts high profile clients such as ASX-listed companies, major corporations, investment houses, clients in the FMG sector, clients in the retail, fashion and media industries, property & construction industries, high net worth individuals, clients in the technology space.
Examples of the matters that you will work on are:
- complex contractual disputes
- insolvency related disputes
- corporate disputes
- joint venture disputes
- property and leasing disputes'
- retail disputes
- interlocutory injunctions
- preference claims
- equitable disputes
- consumer disputes
As an experienced lawyer you will have your own matters load and have autonomy. You will also have partner access and high levels of client responsibility. You will attend court, draft pleadings and advices, brief counsel, formulate strategy etc. This firm has a loyal client base and the partners are like trusted advisors.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years plus pae in the area of commercial disputes, insolvency related litigation (experience in restructuring would be advantageous but not a deal breaker)
- Litigation, strategy, drafting and advisory skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills
- Commercial nous
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise junior lawyers
- Drive, strong work ethic and ambition
Benefits & Culture
Our client is proud of its working culture - relaxed but professional, progressive, dynamic and entrepreneurial. They practice law differently. They are client focused and results driven. An above market salary is on offer and they have in place a generous and uncapped bonus plan for all of their lawyers.
Progression is based on merit only and strong performance and hard work is rewarded.
Other benefits include ongoing training and development, business development training, workplace flexibility, sporting and social activities, the ability to purchase additional leave, assistance with post graduate studies, the payment of membership fees for professional associations, payment of conferences and events.
Lastly our client's culture is inclusive and is an equal opportunity employer.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20134
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 14 December 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.