The Firm & The Role
Our client is a boutique commercial law firm in the heart of the CBD. The partners act for a broad range of clients eg SMEs, corporations, high net worth individuals and due to a strong pipeline of work they are looking to recruit a junior commercial litigation lawyer at the 1 to 3 year pae level.
The work will include:
- contractual disputes
- property and leasing disputes
- insolvency related disputes
- IP disputes
- building & construction disputes
- equitable disputes
- corporate and share-holder disputes
This is very much a 'hands on' role. You will be going to court, drafting witness statements, briefing Counsel, drafting pleadings, drafting letters of advice.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- around 1 to 3 years pqe in the area of commercial disputes
- litigation, drafting and advisory skills
- negotiation skills
- the ability to think outside the box
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- attention to detail
- ability to work in a team
- ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- commercial nous
- an eagerness to learn and develop
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market salary package. Our client has a close knit, supportive and friendly culture. Other benefits include access to training and development programmes, study assistance, flexibility, payment of membership fees for professional associations.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20164
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 24 December 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.