The Firm & The Role
Our client is a major corporate law firm and due to growth, they are looking to recruit a commercial disputes lawyer with at least 2 years post admission experience. The partners in this team consistently top the legal tables and are known to their clients for being pragmatic, responsive and for providing legal work of a high technical standard.
You will work with clients in a wide range of industries such as media, technology, energy, mining, resources, manufacturing, health, financial services, transport, logistics, property, construction.
Examples of the kinds of disputes you will be working on are:
- Trade practices disputes
- Consumer disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Breach of equitable duties
- Corporate and share-holder disputes
- Regulatory disputes
- High stakes and multi-party litigation
- Mediations and arbitrations
This is an opportunity to work closely and be developed by seasoned litigators.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years plus pae in the area of commercial disputes
- You will either be at the Lawyer level or Associate level
- Strong litigation and skills
- Drafting, advisory, negotiation, mediation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal confidently with clients
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- A 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a market salary package as well as a generous (and achievable) incentive scheme. Our client's culture is positive, supportive and it is a culture where the partners invest in their lawyers. The partners have an open door policy, open communication, are transparent and encourage their lawyers to have a healthy life balance.
On top of a market leading salary, other benefits include support for post graduate study, payment of professional membership bodies, days off for volunteering, discounts on financial products, ability to salary sacrifice, the ability to purchase extra annual leave. Flexible working arrangements are also on offer.
Lastly, our client has an inclusive culture and experiences low staff turnover.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20211
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 27 December 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.