The Firm & The Role
Our client is a well known national law firm with a busy and growing real estate team. Due to new clients and new instructions, they are looking to take on a junior property lawyer with around 1 to 3 years post admission experience.
Our client acts for major corporations, international company, major property developers, Tier 1 construction companies, fund managers, major banks and financial services companies.
This role would suit the ambitious lawyer who wants to take the next step in their career and build on their experience. As a junior member of the team you will be given training and mentoring and have access to development opportunities.
A flavour of the work will include:
- sale and purchase of commercial properties
- commercial and retail leasing
- property development
- major projects
- easements & convenants
- strata subdivision
- off the plan developments
- drafting and advising about by-laws
The work will be 'hands on' and you will be given an appropriate amount of responsibility for your level which will eventually include client contact. This role will also see you working closely with the partners and not just the Senior Associates in the team.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Around 1 to 3 years post admission experience in the area of property law, pre admission experience in property law will be highly regarded
- Drafting and advisory skills
- A genuine interest in progressing your career in property law
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Client management and people skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Drive, a 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
Benefits & Culture
Our client has a dynamic, friendly and positive working culture. The firm is known for their low staff turnover.
On offer is a generous salary, post graduate study assistance, access to internal and external CLEs, sporting and social activities, the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave. Hard work at this major commercial law firm will be rewarded with a generous bonus scheme.
From time to time there will be opportunity to be seconded to the team's clients.
Join a team where there is no shortage of quality work.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19493
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 28 May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.