The Firm & Role
Our client is a national law firm. The partners at this law firm are leaders in their field and always rank highly in the legal tables in their respective areas of expertise. This firm acts for clients local and international clients, ASX-listed companies, insolvency practitioners, practitioners, trustees, receivers, secured creditors, administrators, non-bank lenders as well as all the major banks.
Due to a strong pipeline of work, our client is looking to recruit a 1 to 4 year commercial litigation & insolvency lawyer. A flavour of the will include:
- general commercial litigation disputes
- high stakes contractual disputes
- working on insolvencies, administrations, liquidations, receiverships
- advising on directors obligations and personal insolvencies
- winding up applications
- restructures and workouts
- preference claims
- advising on corporate distress
- advising on insolvent trading claims
You will have excellent partner access and you will work closely with other senior members of the team. Although 'hands on' and although you will be given responsibility from the get go, there will be lots of development and mentoring. This is an environment where you will be allowed to grow and develop.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 1 to 4 years plus pae in the area of commercial litigation, advantageous would be experience in insolvency related disputes,
- Litigation and advisory skills
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has one of the most supportive and collaborative working cultures in Australia. The working environment is progressive and forward thinking. Our client is proud of its initiatives in gender inclusion and diversity.
On offer is a top of market leading salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme. Our client also promotes flexible working arrangements balance. There is also assistance with post graduate study, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, social, sporting and pro bono activities. Lastly, there is opportunity to go on client secondments from time to time.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19500
Phone: (02) 8227 7207