Work within the community running workshops, focus groups and seminars to raise awareness and understanding; travel required both State and National; Bring about a difference
- 12-month contract
- Located in Brisbane CBD
- Be a part of making a difference
Our client is seeking suitable candidate for an APS6 CaLD Engagement Officer with demonstrated experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. Your role will being involved in community engagement, liaising and collaborating and consulting with key stakeholders. Providing group workshops and initiatives at a local, State and National level.
The position will include significant inter and intrastate travel including regional and remote areas.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Providing a central point of contact
- Strategic and operational planning
- Design and deliver community engagement events, functions and forums
- Design and develop materials for such engagement
- Manage work projects
- Develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need:
- A qualification in community development, human services, human rights, law, social work, education or other relevant field
- Community engagement experience
- Experience in the disability sector would be beneficial
- Management and leadership skills
- To have strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- To be self-motivated and resilient
- To have a professional and flexible attitude
- To prioritise tasks and take initiative.
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM20164
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Applications close 21 December 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.