The Firm & The Role
Our national law firm client is looking to appoint an experienced competition & consumer lawyer for their industry leading team at the Special Counsel or Partner level. You will work with a blue chip client base in a broad variety of industries such as retail, telco, financial services, healthcare and FMCG.
Given the seniority of the role you will play a pivotal role in the leadership and management of the team. You will be responsible for fostering strong relationships with key clients, assisting with the further growth of the team and being a mentor to junior lawyers.
Examples of this team's work include:
- advising on consumer laws;
- advising on misleading & deceptive conduct;
- advising on pre-publication clearances;
- exclusive dealing and third line forcing
- abuse of market power issues
- litigation involving cartels
- provide advice on regulatory issues
- advising on corporate deals and seeking clearance from the competition authorities
- clearances in relation to mergers
- anti-competitive agreements and understandings
- authorizations, exemptions and notifications
- third party infrastructure access rights.
Skills & Experience
- You be at the Special Counsel or Partner level and advantageous is a client following or the ability to build a client practice;
- Experience in advisory work, litigation and regulatory work
- Drive, energy and ambition
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- People management skills
- Ability to network and foster strong client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
Benefits & Culture
Our client has an outstanding working culture and a working culture that is committed to providing their lawyers a work/life balance. The culture is entrepreneurial, collaborative and supportive.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded. On offer is a top of market salary package and a healthy bonus scheme. Additionally, our client promotes flexible working arrangements and has state of the art technology which makes working from home seamless.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19756
Phone: 0422 671 673