The Firm & The Role
Our client is a top tier law firm with a leading competition team. This firm and this team acts for local and international corporations that are house-hold names, major banks and financial services companies and clients in the retail, telco, financial services, healthcare and FMCG industries.
A flavour of the work will include:
- advice on consumer laws;
- exclusive dealing and third line forcing
- abuse of market power issues
- litigation involving cartels
- provide advice on regulatory issues
- advising on corporate deals and seeking clearance from the competition authorities
- clearances in relation to mergers
- anti-competitive agreements and understandings
- authorizations, exemptions and notifications
- third party infrastructure access rights.
Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 2 years in the area of competition law, lawyers working at the ACCC will be highly regarded
- Advisory and regulatory experience
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has an outstanding working culture and a working culture that is committed to providing their lawyers a work/life balance. The culture is collaborative and supportive.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded.
On offer is a top of market leading salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme. Our client promotes flexible working arrangements. There is also assistance with post graduate study, access to internal and external training programmes client secondments, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, sporting, social and pro bono activities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19206
Phone: (02) 8227 7207