- Leading Competition team
- Broad mix of work
- Work with leaders in their field
The Firm & The Role
Our client is a global elite and they are looking to recruit a competition lawyer at the Associate level. You will work with a blue chip client base in a broad variety of industries such as retail, telco, financial services, healthcare, energy & resources, FMCG.
This role will see you working with more senior members of the team on a broad range of matters.
Examples of this team's work include:
- advising on consumer laws;
- advising on misleading & deceptive conduct;
- advising on pre-publication clearances;
- exclusive dealing and third line forcing
- abuse of market power issues
- litigation involving cartels
- provide advice on regulatory issues
- advising on corporate deals and seeking clearance from the competition authorities
- clearances in relation to mergers
- anti-competitive agreements and understandings
- authorizations, exemptions and notifications
- third party infrastructure access rights.
Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 2 years pae in the area of competition law, candidates who have gained experience from a regulator (ACCC) will be looked upon favourably
- Strong knowledge of the Competition and Consumer Act
- Passion for competition law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to play an important role in the further growth of the team
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law differently
- A strong work ethic
Benefits & Culture
On offer is an absolute top of market salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme so that you are rewarded for all of your hard work.
Our client has an impressive and forward thinking culture, a culture that they are very proud of. The partners invest in their lawyers and the work is always interesting, challenging and high profile.
Career progression is transparent and other benefits include social and supporting activities, opportunity to take part in pro bono work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, study leave and study allowance, flexible working arrangements.
Lastly, there are secondment opportunities to the firm's major clients.
Join a successful global law firm, a firm where you will be able to learn from the best and develop your career.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18862
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 18 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.