- Leading Competition & Regulatory team
- Client management responsibilities and autonomy
- Top of market salary package + bonus - genuine career growth
The Firm & The Role
Our top tier law firm client is looking to appoint an experienced competition lawyer for their industry leading team. Working with a blue chip client base in a broad variety of industries such as retail, telco, financial services, healthcare and FMCG. You will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. This is a hands on role.
A flavour of the work will include:
- competition litigation and enforcement;
- advice on consumer laws;
- exclusive dealing and third line forcing
- abuse of market power issues
- litigation involving cartels
- provide advice on regulatory issues
- advising on corporate deals and seeking clearance from the competition authorities
- clearances in relation to mergers
- anti-competitive agreements and understandings
- authorizations, exemptions and notifications
- third party infrastructure access rights.
Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 3 years in the area of competition law, lawyers working at the ACCC will be highly regarded
- Advisory and regulatory experience
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside the square
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has one of the best working cultures in Australia. The culture is progressive and forward thinking. Our client is proud of its initiatives in relation to gender inclusion and diversity.
Progression is based on merit only and lawyers who perform are rewarded.
On offer is a top of market leading salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme. Our client promotes flexible working arrangements. There is also assistance with post graduate study, access to internal and external training programmes client secondments, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, sporting and social activities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19156
Phone: (02) 8227 7207