- 5 month contract
- Located in Adelaide
- Start ASAP
Our client, an independent regulator that works with people with disability, is seeking an experienced Complaints Handling Officer APS4 to join their busy team.
Having exceptional customer services skills in this busy role, duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation, operation and monitoring of the complaints handling function.
- Under direction carry out the intake of new complaints via the phone and system and associated tasks including risk assessment and development of acknowledgement correspondence.
- Under direction, contribute to education and training in relation to the effective handling of complaints to inform and educate participants, providers, and the public about the complaint handling functions.
- Develop excellent working relationships with a range of stakeholders, to facilitate the work of the complaints handling function and the organisation more broadly.
To be suitable for this opportunity, apart from possessing the required and specific experience, you will have a professional and flexible attitude, exceptional customer service skills, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the disability and Safeguarding Framework
- Lived experience of disability or demonstrated understanding of disability services in a State or Territory Government context would be an advantage
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button or email firstname.lastname@example.org direct.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Kim Kerrigan (SK91172A)
Ref No: KK30050
Phone: (07) 3231 1204
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.