- 6 month contract
- Located in Brisbane
- Start ASAP
Our client is seeking suitable candidates for an APS5 Complaints and Reportable Incidents Officer. These positions are for 6 months and is based at their Brisbane Office. There is a potential option to extend for a further 6 months (depending on performance).
The duties expected of a Complaints and Reportable Incidents Officer include:
- Regulatory experience with a strong customer focus service
- Support the implementation, operation and monitoring of the reportable incidents handling function;
- Assist with the management of a caseload of incidents, including engaging with stakeholders on incidents and supporting the Assistant Director in the escalation of incidents for investigation or other action where necessary;
- Support the development of advice to the Branch Manager about trends, issues, individuals of concern and inadequate investigations by stakeholders who provide a service, through the assessment and analysis of information gathered during the reportable incidents handling process;
- Support of the education and training of stakeholders who provide services
- Request relevant information necessary to process complaints and prepare complaints documentation to enable the decision maker to make robust decisions within legislated time frames
- Monitor, manage and resolve a caseload of complaints, ensuring high-risk complaints are escalated to be dealt with expeditiously, and escalate any delays or workflow obstacles with managers
- Develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
To be suitable for this opportunity, apart from possessing the required and specific experience, you will have a professional and flexible attitude, be self-motivated and resilient, have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to prioritise, take initiative and to work autonomously.
An ability to communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client and work within the provisions of its legislative framework.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the NDIS Act.
- Live experience of disability or demonstrated understanding of disability services in a State or Territory Government context would be an advantage.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19876
Phone: (07) 3231 1207
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.