Working with this industry body with a strong heritage your role will be to support members with Legal Advice to operate professional and profitable businesses that deliver great outcomes. They operate Qld wide with regional offices and have a large member base therefore the role can be very diverse.
You will work alongside a senior lawyer and report directly to the principal in this newly created role. If you are a construction lawyer looking for better hours and the move away from time sheeting this could be a great opportunity to expand yourself but not feel you are working in a grinding and inflexible role.
The work is domestic and commercial in nature and is predominately front end but will touch on back end as well.
Your day will consist of Reviewing contracts Providing advice on risk, payment disputes, terminations of contracts, whilst developing members knowledge.
- support three (3) lawyers with prep work for matters including:
- download and collate documents from clients;
- review documents in first instance if requested by lawyer;
- some research if necessary although not much;
- assist with reviewing legislation drafts for updates to members;
- assist with development and review of training material;
- assist with the development of revised contract suite including:
- checking that revisions are correctly made by marketing team and edocs team - this requires absolute attention to detail
- assist with matter opening when required including conflict checks, calls to clients to obtain matter particulars;
- research and summarising of latest caselaw on construction law matters for briefing to the team.
You will need to have a minimum of 2 years PAE, in construction law and have a thorough understanding of the relevant Qld legislation. Experience in contracts management, excellent written and verbal communication together with excellent customer service are a must.
Eye for detail is paramount to this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD16632
Phone: (07) 3231 1207