The Company & The Role
Our client is a major electrical and engineering company and they are looking to add another senior lawyer to their in-house team. This role will see you working in a fast paced and busy environment advising on front end construction matters as well as managing construction litigation matters.
As this is a senior role, you will be given real autonomy and real responsibility. You will not be micro-managed but you will be supported by a well-resourced team.
A flavour of the work will include:
- Drafting and advising on construction contracts
- Contracts administration
- Advising on government contracts and sub-contracts
- Construction litigation and building defects claims
- Security of payment claims
- Advising on Work Health & Safety issues
- Advising on legal and business risk management
- Advice in relation to regulatory action
- General commercial work and advising on contracts and agreements
Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 5 years in the area of construction law, both front end back end matters
- Excellent drafting, advisory and first class technical skills
- Ability to provide timely commercial advice and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- The ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stake-holders
- Drive, ambition, energy and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays competitively. Other benefits include a supportive, close-knit and collaborative working environment. Our client also promotes flexible working arrangements. Other benefits include study assistance and study leave, payment of membership fees for professional associations, ability to salary sacrifice, payment of CLEs and seminars.
Our client promotes an inclusive working environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to take your private practice experience to an in-house role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20163
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 21 December 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.