The Firm & The Role
Our client is a very busy and growing booutique law firm. Due to a strong pipeline of work, the partners of this firm are looking to actively recruit an construction lawyer at the Associate to Senior Associate level.
This firm acts has a strong developer client base and this role will see you working on major pieces of litigation including building defects litigation, security of payments, adjudications, mediations and major arbitrations. From time to time there will be front end construction work eg advising on contracts, drafting and amending contracts, major projects.
Our client is firm that strives to achieve the best (and commercial) results for their clients
Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 3 years in the area of construction law
- Experience with arbitrations and front end work would be advantageous
- Drafting, advocacy and litigation skills
- Negotiation and strategy skills
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Commercial nous
- Problem solving skills and creative thinking
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and client skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage clients
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Experience in servicing major construction companies is highly advantageous
- A 'can do' attitude and a strong work ethic
Benefits & Culture
On offer is an above market salary package. Other benefits include a working culture that is dynamic, positive and supportive as well as benefits such as assistance with post graduate study and study leave, access to internal and external training programmes, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave.
Our client has flexible work practices and promotes a work/life balance.
Join a firm that is growing and is successful.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT20230
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.