- Blue chip client base
- Work closely with a well respected partner
- Cross-border work
Corporate & Tax Lawyer
The Firm & The Role
Our client is a major corporate law firm and has an excellent reputation in the corporate tax space. The firm and the team acts for major corporations (both local and international), ASX-listed companies, financial services companies, major banks, property trusts, property syndicates, fund managers, mezzanine finance lenders, superannuation companies, property developers, real estate and construction companies, mining companies, energy & resource companies.
Due to new clients and new instructions, our client is looking to appoint a corporate & tax lawyer with at least 5 years pae.
Working directly with a highly experienced partner your role will be varied and challenging. The work will be a mix of corporate and tax matters eg mergers, demergers, cross border acquisitions, corporate restructuring, advising on the tax effectiveness of mergers & acquisitions, tax due diligences, general tax advice, managing audits, providing advices on rulings & opinions, tax appeals, transfer pricing. There will also be a substantial amount of cross-border and international tax work.
This is a role where you will be have a great deal of client contact and responsibility generally. You will be challenged and stretched.
There is a strong pipeline of work and this is the type of role that would suit the corporate tax lawyer who is looking to undertake more corporate transactional work also be involved in taxation work.
There is genuine and real prospects for progression as the team is not top heavy.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5years pae experience in the area of tax law. Tax Lawyers/Tax Consultants coming out of the big 4 accounting firms will be looked upon favourably as would experience with managed investment schemes
- First class tax and commercial skills
- Exposure to corporate transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- First rate advising and drafting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to play an important role in the further growth of the team
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law that is results driven
Culture & Benefits
On offer is a market leading salary package together with a generous incentive scheme. Our client has a superb working culture, invests in their lawyers and promotes a work/life balance. The culture is dynamic, forward thinking and progressive.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice, sporting and social activities as well as access to internal and external career development programmes (including leadership programmes), employee assistance programme, volunteer days, state of the art technology, discounts on financial products.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT20487
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.