The firm & The Role
Our client is a major commercial law firm. This firm has an outstanding reputation for it's client focus and client service. The firm has an enviable client base of financial services companies, banks, ASX-listed companies, media and technology companies, major international corporations, off-shore companies, superannuation companies, equity houses, start-ups, investment funds, high net worth individuals, venture capitalists, off-shore companies.
This role will see you working with a dynamic and innovative partner who has a leading reputation in the market. A flavour of the work will include:
- commercial contracts;
- M&A transactions;
- capital raisings/fundraisings;
- joint ventures and share-holder agreements;
- corporate advisory and governance;
- advising on digital law and emerging technologies
- structurings of securities offerings
- advising on the regulation of financial services and markets both overseas and in Australia
- advising on Australian financial services licensing
- advising on CTF/AML as well as privacy legislation
- advising on regulated financial products
- advising on electronic banking and payments
- advising in relation to fintech and blockchain projects
As this team is small there is ample room for progression. This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain exposure to work that is exciting, topical and challenging. You will work collaboratively with the partner and clients.
This law firm partners with their clients and has built long-term relationships on trust.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years' pae in the area of corporate and commercial law or financial services law/funds management
- First class advisory, drafting and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Commercial nous and negotiation skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law that is client focused and results driven
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays at the top of market. There is also the opportunity to participate in a generous bonus scheme. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a law firm that prides itself on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and disability.
The partners at this law firm invests in the development of their lawyers and enjoy seeing their becoming successful. This is a law firm that has low turnover.
Career progression is transparent and other benefits include social and supporting activities, opportunity to take part in pro bono work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, study leave and study allowance, flexible working arrangements.
Join a law firm that is busy, profitable and that has no shortage of work.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20113
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 4 December 2020. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.