Absolute top of market salary package + bonus
The firm & The Role
Our client is a global elite and has a formidable reputation in the corporate and financial services space. The firm is recognised locally and internationally for its deep commitment to client service. Our client base also has a blue chip client base and this particular team acts for fund managers, hedge funds, venture capitalists, major banks, financial services companies, ASX-Listed companies, off-shore companies, superannuation companies as well as clients in the fintech and blockchain space.
This role will see you working with partners who are experts in financial services regulation and funds management. A flavour of the work will include:
- advising on the regulation of financial services and markets both overseas and in Australia
- advising on Australian financial services licensing
- advising on the financial regulatory changes in Australia
- advising on consumer credit and retail banking law
- advising on CTF/AML as well as privacy legislation
- advising on regulated financial products
- advising on electronic banking and payments
- advising on the enforcement and disciplinary action taken by regulators
- acting on mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector
- advising on product disclosure requirements under the Corporations Law
- buying and selling funds management businesses
- mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector
- the restructuring of listed and un-listed investment funds
- advising fund managers of the acquisition and disposal of investments.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with the partners and progress your career quickly. You will be gain high levels of client responsibility as well as autonomy. This role represents an excellent opportunity for you to make a name for yourself in the marketplace and be involved in work that in many other firms is often only given to partners.
This law firm partners with their clients and has built long-term relationships on trust.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years' pae in the area of financial services and/or funds management
- First class technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a forward thinking and innovative way to deliver legal services
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to supervise, mentor and develop junior lawyers
- Ability to play an important role in the further growth of the team
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law differently
Benefits & Culture
On offer is an absolute top of market salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme so that you are rewarded for all of your hard work.
Our client has an impressive and forward thinking culture, a culture that they are very proud of. The partners invest in their lawyers and the work is always interesting, challenging and high profile.
Career progression is transparent and other benefits include social and supporting activities, opportunity to take part in pro bono work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, study leave and study allowance, flexible working arrangements.
Lastly, there are secondment opportunities to the firm's major clients.
Join a law firm that is successful, profitable and growing!
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18712
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 1 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.