The firm & The Role
Our client is one of Australia's leading law firms and continues to grow despite these unprecedented times. This firm is known for thinking outside of the box and providing a commercial and holistic approach to their legal services. This firm and in particular this team has a blue chip client base. This team acts for venture capitalists, private equity firms, financial sponsors, local and international investment banks, clients in the property and construction industries, clients in the health and aged care industries, clients in the water, energy and resources industries, clients in the transport industries.
Due to growth our client is seeking a lawyer with at least 2 years post admission experience to work closely with the partners. A flavour of the work will include:
- complex joint venture arrangements
- private equity transactions
- work outs and restructurings
- real estate capital transactions
- restructuring and work-outs
- public and private M&A
- corporate governance
- general corporate and commercial work
You will work closely with clients and become their trusted advisor.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years pae experience in corporate/commercial law
- Drafting, advisory and strategic skills
- Communication, interpersonal and client management skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to network and to build a professional network
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law differently
Culture & Benefits
Our client has a team culture where collaboration and support are cornerstones of their working environment. Our client is proud of its initiatives in relation to learning and development and the investment of their lawyers.
Progression is based on merit only and strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice, sporting and social activities, access to internal and external career development programmes (including leadership programmes), payment of membership fees for professional associations, payment of networking events and conferences. Our client also has a strong commitment to pro bono work.
Join a culture that is entrepreneurial, egalitarian and progressive.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT19489
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Applications close 27 June 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.