The Firm & The Role
Our client is one of Australia's leading commercial law firm. The firm is recognised locally and internationally for its deep commitment to client service. Our client base also has a blue chip client base and this particular team acts for fund managers, hedge funds, venture capitalists, major banks, financial services companies, ASX-Listed companies and superannuation companies.
Our client is seeking a senior corporate/funds lawyer to join their corporate team. The team is led by a dynamic and forward thinking corporate partner with experience in the corporate /funds management and as such a flavour of the work will include:
- Buying and selling funds management businesses
- Mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector
- Advising on financial regulatory changes in Australia
- Advising on product disclosure statements
- Private equity transactions and complex joint ventures
- Investment fund establishment and governance
- Advising on the regulation of financial services and markets both overseas and in Australia
- Domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions;
- Advising in relation to managed funds products;
- The restructuring of listed and un-listed investment funds;
- Advising fund managers of the acquisition and disposal of investments.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with the partner and progress your career quickly. You will be gain high levels of client responsibility as well as autonomy. This role represents an excellent opportunity for you to make a name for yourself in the marketplace and be involved in work that in many other firms is often only given to partners.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years plus pae experience in the area of corporate/funds law
- Drafting, negotiating and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to lead transactions
- Ability to manage clients
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think outside the box
- Energy, drive & enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
On offer is an absolute top of market salary as well as a healthy incentive scheme so that you are rewarded for all of your hard work.
Our client has an impressive and forward thinking culture, a culture that they are very proud of. The partners invest in their lawyers and the work is always interesting, challenging and high profile.
Career progression is transparent and other benefits include social and supporting activities, opportunity to take part in pro bono work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, study leave and study allowance, ability to work from home.
Lastly, there are secondment opportunities to the firm's major clients.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19150
Phone: (02) 8227 7207