We are seeking a highly experience Data Engineer / Architect to work with one of Queensland's larger Government Agencies - They help ALL agencies and departments find solutions to complex challenges through their 3 key services Insights, Analytics and Platforms. Their other focus is Data & Information Management for all QLD Shared Service's clients.
- Identify and engage with state-wide government and partnership stakeholders to gather and formalise their requirements, particularly with regards to business intelligence and analytics platforms and services.
- Develop and promote the use of CI/CD pipeline methodology and proper change control processes
- Analysing and transforming complex raw datasets into cleansed and prepared data models for analysis and system integration
- Build data pipelines and integrations for the analytics and use of multiple and varied data sources
- Build integrations between key business systems using contemporary cloud native tools and methodologies
- Perform expert analysis activities across government departments and with partner agencies using appropriate modelling, analysis techniques, tools and standards to deliver successful business outcomes, and analytics and data sharing outcomes for Queensland Government.
Experience / Skills Required
- Implementation of Cloud technologies - specifically Azure, including but not limited to; Data Factory, Dev Ops, Spark (Data Bricks / Synapse) and general SQL database technology, and snowflake
- Responsibility for investigative works, identifying stakeholders, applying modelling, analysis tools methods and standards to determine benefits, risks, options, business requirements and business processes; particularly within the sphere of business intelligence and data analytics endeavours.
- High level of technical capability in development and technical data modelling and integration.
- Ability to generate insightful analytics reports and visualisations for clients utilising Power Bi and other business intelligence tools and experience in statistical and data modelling.
- Experienced in cloud data tools and techniques, including SQL development, Data Modelling, Data Analysis, and Business Intelligence tools.
If you have any questions or would like a confidential conversation about the opportunity, reach out to Adam Saunders on firstname.lastname@example.org or Shane Driver - email@example.com