Our client is a leading commercial law firm, with a close-knit culture, that has a strong reputation in insurance law. This firm is a mid-tier in Brisbane. They are committed to professional development and great advocates for work/life balance.
An opportunity has arisen for a defendant insurance lawyer specialising in WorkCover or General Liability insurance. Joining this this leading practice, you will be working as part of a busy insurance team under 3 Partners, running your files autonomously, attending conferences, directly speaking with clients and briefing Counsel when matters run to trial. You will also be responsible for mentoring junior lawyers in the team.
You will also work on a small number of files representing Self-insureds.
To be successful in securing this role you will ideally have:
- 5+ years of defendant WorkCover OR General Liability experience in a firm
- Ability to autonomously run your own files
- A genuine desire and ambition for personal career growth
- strong time management skills
- good drafting skills, particularly with advices and court documents
- ability to mentor junior staff
- Competitive remuneration package
- Social events and team activities
- Birthday leave
- Professional development opportunities
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19747
Phone: (07) 3231 1207