The DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring the platform and applications owned by the Terminology and Tooling Section are operated and maintained efficiently and proactively. You'll work with the team to design and implement incremental changes to the platform. This includes working with ICT and Cyber Security Teams to ensure services required of other teams are maintained and the deployment of these applications meets all aspects of company compliance.
- Work in a small, specialised team; demonstrate a willingness to contribute to and learn from the collective skillsets of other developers and team members.
- Proactive management and operation of Tooling Section platforms and deployed applications.
- Deploy new application versions and content in line with planned release management.
- Provide 2nd/3rd tier support, particularly application outages.
- Continuous improvement of the management and operation of Tooling Section platforms and deployed applications.
- Liaise and coordinate with the ICT & Cyber Security Team to ensure continuity through changes managed by the Business.
- Collaborate with team members on design, testing and implementation of enhancements and modifications to the platform and application deployment to support business objectives.
- Support colleagues to develop quality software.
- Managing and operating public facing production AWS hosted applications.
- Using Amazon Web Services and cloud infrastructure, for example, EC2, ELB, RDS, OpsWorks etc.
- Developing and deploying infrastructure as code and deployment scripting, for example, CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef etc.
- Deploying and operating microservice based applications.
- Production Java Enterprise (J2EE) systems development
- Software configuration management systems
- Web applications Development, Linux Systems Administration
- Using virtualised environments
- Using source control (primarily Git)
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact Shane Driver - Email: email@example.com - Phone: 0431 545 882
Please send CVs in Microsoft Word format only. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.