Our client is seeking suitable candidate for an EL1 Senior Lawyer to be involved in the online safety across Commonwealth governments, authorities and agencies. This position is based at their Pyrmont Office in Sydney. There is a potential option to extend the contract for a further 6-12months (depending on performance). This is an opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Lawyer to play a critical role in reviewing legislation and regulatory frameworks while developing and strengthening cyber safety in this space.
The duties expected of an EL1 Senior Lawyer include:
- Experience in media law with a focus on digital content and social media to produce high level briefs, reports and other responses to government bodies regarding online safety
- Compliance with relevant legislation and policy frameworks
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation
- Advise (verbally and written) on areas of administrative law; contract and privacy laws; intellectual property law; FOI and criminal matters for online safety
- Negotiate on key issues
- Develop excellent working relationships with a large and diverse range of external stakeholders
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will need solid experience and understanding of complex online safety issues and the relevant law associated with this space including contract, IP, administrative, criminal and privacy. You will need to demonstrate a good ability in statutory interpretation.
As a person, you will need:
- Strong public policy and regulatory skills;
- personal drive and initiative;
- strong analytical skills;
- ability to work and deliver on multiple projects
- an ability to work well within a team;
- ability to prioritise and work autonomously.
An ability to communicate (both written and verbal) well with both internal and external stakeholders will be essential, together with an ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
You will also need to uphold the values of the client.
Applicants also must be able to establish their background as checkable to be considered eligible for a security clearance. This includes:
- hold Australian citizenship
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police check
- be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable to the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19916
Phone: (07) 3231 1207