Our client is a commercial law firm with an outstanding workplace relations team. The partners of this team are leaders in their field and act for a blue chip client base. Clients include major employers in the insurance, education, retail, manufacturing, aged care, IT, financial services, mining, media and entertainment, health and hospitality industries.
The partners in this team are actively looking to appoint an at the Senior Lawyer/Senior Associate level. As an experienced lawyer within this team, you will be responsible for your own matter load and clients. The work will be a mix of contentious and non-contenious and will include:
- unfair dismissals
- bullying claims
- discrimination claims
- advice on redundancies and restructuring
- advice in relation to JobKeeper and stand-down orders
- drafting employment contracts and HR policies
- providing clients with workplace training
- IR disputes
- breach of restraint of trade and breaches of confidentiality
As you will have high levels of client responsibility and autonomy you will be able to build an industry leading profile. You will also be able to take part in the mentoring of junior lawyers as well as the further growth of the practice group.
Skills & Experience
- You will be either a Senior Lawyer or Senior Associate in the area of employment and workplace relations law
- Drafting and advisory skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
On offer is an absolute top of market salary package. Other benefits include
post graduate study assistance, the opportunity to take on pro bono matters, client secondments, career development programmes (internal and external), the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Our client has a supportive and collaborative working culture and prides itself in its entrepreneurial and forward thinking culture.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19842
Phone: 0422 671 673