Our client is a long established commercial law with an unrivalled reputation in providing first class legal services and legal advice to their enviable client base. Our client as for a broad range of industry sectors including clients in the property, construction, development, retail, manufacturing, franchising, media, technology, hospitality. Our client also acts for government agencies as well as high net worth individuals.
The partners in this team are actively looking to appoint a lawyer at the Associate to Senior Associate level. This role will see you running your own matters and dealing with the client (with input from the partners where necessary). This is a busy team where you will learn from senior partners. The types of matters that you will be involved in include:
- Advising on employment contracts
- Advising on modern awards and enterprise agreements
- Advising on performance management and conduct
- Advising on discrimination, diversity, bullying
- Advising and being involved industrial disputes, unfair dismissals
- Advising on adverse actions/general protections
- Advising on redundancies and restructuring
- Advising on JobKeeper and stand-down orders
- Advising on restraints of trade clauses
This is a first class opportunity to really hone in on your employment law skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of employment law matters. This is the perfect role for the employment lawyer who is ambitious and driven and who wants to fast track their career.
Skills & Experience
- You will be either an Associate or Senior Associate in the area of employment and workplace relations law
- Drafting, research and advisory skills
- Litigation and negotiation skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm and ambition
Benefits & Culture
On offer is a competitive salary package, a work/life balance and a workplace that is truly agile. Other benefits include post graduate study assistance, the opportunity to take on pro bono matters, client secondments, career development programmes (internal and external), the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Our client's working culture is one of the best in Sydney - support and legal staff work together and collaboratively. The partners are inclusive and have an open door policy. Join a firm with low turnover.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19967
Phone: 0422 671 673