Our client is a major commercial law firm and the employment team is headed by leaders in the employment law space. The firm and this team has a blue chip clients base of major employers in the professional services, media, financial services, media & entertainment, IT, education, manufacturing, insurance and aged care.
The partners are actively seeking to appoint an experienced lawyer with at least 3 years pae. The work will be a mix of contentious and non-contentious employment matters including safety, discrimination, unfair dismissals, redundancies, bullying, workplace training, advice in relation to JobKeeper and stand-down orders, breach of restraint of trade and breached of confidentiality.
As an experienced employment lawyer you will have client contact, autonomy and you will be fostering strong client relationships. There will also be opportunity for you to take on leadership responsibilities as well as client development activities.
Skills & Experience
- You will be an employment lawyer with at least 3 years pae, lawyers working in-house or for an employer association will be looked on favourably
- Strong drafting, advisory, litigation and strategy skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work under pressure
- Passion for employment and workplace relations law
- Enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays at the top of the market. Also on offer is a progressive, dynamic and down to earth working environment. Join a team where you will have access to a variety of clients and depth of work. As this team is not top heavy there is genuine opportunity for progression.
Other benefits include state of the art resources, assistance with post graduate studies, learning and development programmes.
The partners in this team are accessible, have an open door policy and enjoy developing their lawyers.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT20260
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 10 January 2021. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.