Senior Lawyer/Senior Associate lawyer role. Specialist employer law firm. Act for large employers. Both contentious and non-contentious work. Build strong client relationships. High levels of autonomy and client responsibility.
- Long-established law firm
- Work with an Accredited Specialist
- Strong pipeline of work
Our client is a long established boutique law firm and they act predominantly for employers. The team is headed by an Accredited Specialist. The firm acts for major employers such as state and local government, not for profits, corporations as well as SMEs. From time to time, the firm will act for executives and directors.
Our client is actively seeking to appoint an experienced lawyer with at least 4 years pae in the area of employment law. The work will be a mix of contentious and non-contentious employment matters including safety, discrimination, unfair dismissals, redundancies, bullying, workplace training, advice in relation to JobKeeper and stand-down orders, breach of restraint of trade and breached of confidentiality.
As an experienced employment lawyer you will have client contact, autonomy and you will be building strong client relationships. There will also be opportunity for you to partake in marketing and business development activities.
This is an opportunity to work with strong operators and develop your expertise and profile in this extremely busy area of practice.
Skills & Experience
- You will be an employment lawyer with at least 4 years pae, lawyers working in-house or for an employer association will be looked on favourably
- Strong drafting, advisory, litigation and strategy skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work under pressure
- Passion for employment and workplace relations law
- Enthusiasm, drive and a strong work ethic
Benefits & Culture
Our client pays competitively. Other benefits include WFH, an agile workplace and a work/life balance. Our client encourages a life outside of work. Join a team where you will have access to a variety of clients and depth of work.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, learning and development programmes.
The firm has a friendly, close knit and supportive culture.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT18851
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 17 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.