Leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
My client is looking for an Associate and/or Senior Associate with experience in mining, oil & gas and/or energy to join their busy Projects group in their Perth office, working with their team nationally, and internationally.
You'll be joining a team of experts, our client will help you develop your career.
You'll have the opportunity to work on major transactions and Projects in the energy and resources sectors, including:
- acting for significant resources companies in relation to key project documents such as State Agreements, joint venture agreements, farm-ins, royalty arrangements and access deeds;
- acting for significant players in the energy sector on key documents such as joint operating agreements, LNG sale and purchase agreements, lifting and balancing agreements, tolling and supply and offtake agreements;
- advising energy and resources clients in relation to all aspects of acquisitions and disposals, from legal due diligence, through preparation of transaction documents, to completion;
- assisting clients to obtain regulatory project and transaction approvals; and
- advising clients seeking to construct or acquire renewable energy projects or generation facilities.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience mining, oil & gas projects and/or procurement in the mining, energy and infrastructure sectors, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and analytical ability;
- To effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters;
- To work effectively in a team environment;
- A willingness to integrate into the national practice with flexibility and confidence to work across multiple jurisdictions;
- To mentor and share experiences and networks.
- Ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
- Flexible working arrangements for all our lawyers.
- Pro bono offerings and other work on reconciliation and the environment.
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for all eligible employees and superannuation of up to 34 weeks on the unpaid component of parental leave.
- Free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: RM19492
Phone: (07) 3231 1207