Energy & Resources Lawyer
Associate to Senior Associate role. 4 to 8 years pae. Broad mix of work. Corporate/M&A work, regulatory work, major projects e.g. solar farms, wind farms
Our client is a well-known commercial law firm and has a growing energy & resources team with a strong pipeline of work. The firm and this particular team are well known for working with ASX-Listed companies, clients in the mining, energy & resources industries, clients in the renewable energy industry, the regulators and government agencies.
A flavor of the work will include:
- electricity and power projects;
- structuring of power stations, solar farms and wind farms,
- energy purchase and trading contracts;
- renewable energy projects;
- sales and acquisitions of mining and resources companies;
- acquisitions of wind farms;
- advising on regulatory and corporate governance issues;
- general commercial contracts e.g. joint ventures, share issues, partnerships
Skills & Experience
- at least 4 years pae in the area of coprorate/energy & resources law
- drafting, advisory and negotiation skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to think outside the square
- client management skills
- experience in mentoring and supervising junior lawyers
- ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our law firm client has a progressive and inclusive working culture and is committed to the career development of all its lawyers, at all levels. Further, progression is based on merit.
On offer is a market leading salary as well as the opportunity to participate in a healthy incentive scheme.
Our client promotes a work/life balance and flexible working arrangements. There is also assistance with further studies, client and overseas secondment, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave, the opportunity to work on pro bono matters.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19685
Phone: 0422 671 673